- Welcome to Our New Member: Cris Stickley, University of Hawaii, Manoa; Dylan C Sarver, University of Michigan Medical School
- The Executive Committee is having their next quarterly call in February-March 2016.
- Harput G, Kilinc HE, Ozer H, Baltaci G, Mattacola CG. Quadriceps and Hamstring Strength Recovery During Early Neuromuscular Rehabilitation After ACL Hamstring-Tendon Autograft Reconstruction. J Sport Rehabil. 2015 Nov;24(4):398-404. doi: 10.1123/jsr.2014-0224.
- Norte GE, Frye JL, Hart JM. Reliability of the Superimposed-Burst Technique in Patients With Patellofemoral Pain: A Technical Report. J Athl Train. 2015 Nov;50(11):1207-11. doi: 10.4085/1062-6050-50.10.03.
- Reid KF, Price LL, Harvey WF, Driban JB, Fielding RA, Wang C. Author reply. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015 Dec 4. doi: 10.1002/art.39531. [Epub ahead of print]
- Howard JS1, Lembach ML2, Metzler AV3, Johnson DL. Rates and Determinants of Return to Play After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I Soccer Athletes: A Study of the Southeastern Conference. Am J Sports Med. 2015 Dec 4. pii: 0363546515614315. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gribble PA, Terada M, Beard MQ, Kosik KB, Lepley AS, McCann RS, Pietrosimone BG, Thomas AC. Prediction of Lateral Ankle Sprains in Football Players Based on Clinical Tests and Body Mass Index. Am J Sports Med. 2015 Dec 8. pii: 0363546515614585. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mills M, Frank B, Goto S, Blackburn T, Cates S, Clark M, Aguilar A, Fava N, Padua D. Effect of restricted hip flexor muscle length on hip extensor muscle activity and lower extremity biomechanics in college-aged female soccer players. Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2015 Dec;10(7):946-54.
- Lepley AS, Gribble PA, Thomas AC, Tevald MA, Sohn DH, Pietrosimone BG. Longitudinal Evaluation of Stair Walking Biomechanics in Patients with ACL Injury. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 2016;48(1): 7–15.
- Pietrosimone B, Blackburn JT, Harkey MS, Luc BA, Hackney AC, Padua DA, Driban JB, Spang JT, Jordan JM. Greater Mechanical Loading During Walking Is Associated With Less Collagen Turnover in Individuals With Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Am J Sports Med. 2015 Dec 18. pii: 0363546515618380. [Epub ahead of print]
- Driban JB, Eaton CB, Lo GH, Price LL, Lu B, Barbe MF, McAlindon TE. Overweight older adults, particularly after an injury, are at high risk for accelerated knee osteoarthritis: data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative. Clin Rheumatol. 2015 Dec 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Zhang M, Driban JB, Price LL, Lo GH, Miller E, McAlindon TE. Development of a Rapid Cartilage Damage Quantification Method for the Lateral Tibiofemoral Compartment Using Magnetic Resonance Images: Data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:634275. doi: 10.1155/2015/634275. Epub 2015 Dec 2.
January 2016: Eastern Athletic Trainers’ Association’s Annual Meeting
Thinking About Tomorrow: How Athletic Trainers can Impact a Patient’s Long-Term Joint Health. Kenneth Cameron and Jeffrey Driban (Eastern Athletic Trainers’ Association 68th Annual Meeting)
** NOTE: If we are missing anything or you would like to add something to next month’s newsletter please let Jeff Driban know and it will be add to next month’s newsletter. **