- Welcome to Our New Member: Janet Simon, Ohio University
- The Executive Committee is having their next call on December 10th at 12pm.
- News from the Resources to Raise Awareness about Osteoarthritis Work Group
- We have compiled a list of all state and district programming chairs so we may reach out to them and get OA-related content included at the state and district meetings. Thanks to Nicole Cattano for spearheading this effort!
- We are collecting survey responses regarding the proposed webinar series and will discuss all feedback received at our next meeting in December.
- Root H, Trojian T, Martinez J, Kraemer W, DiStefano LJ. Landing Technique and Performance in Youth Athletes After a Single Injury-Prevention Program Session. J Athl Train. 2015 Nov 2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Owens BD, Cameron KL, Peck KY, DeBerardino TM, Nelson BJ, Taylor DC, Tenuta J, Svoboda SJ. Arthroscopic Versus Open Stabilization for Anterior Shoulder Subluxations. Orthop J Sports Med. 2015 Jan 23;3(1):2325967115571084. doi: 10.1177/2325967115571084. eCollection 2015.
- Taylor JB, Wang HM, Schmitz RJ, Rhea CK, Ross SE, Shultz SJ. Multiplanar Knee Laxity and Perceived Function During Activities of Daily Living and Sport. J Athl Train. 2015 Nov 5. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kim KM, Hart JM, Saliba SA, Hertel J. Relationships between self-reported ankle function and modulation of Hoffmann reflex in patients with chronic ankle instability. Phys Ther Sport. 2015 May 27. pii: S1466-853X(15)00039-5. doi: 10.1016/j.ptsp.2015.05.003. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ni M, Signorile JF, Mooney K, Balachandran A, Potiaumpai M, Luca C, Moore JG, Kuenze CM, Eltoukhy M, Perry AC. Comparative Impact of Power Training and High-Speed Yoga on Motor Function in Older Patients with Parkinson’s Disease. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2015 Nov 4. pii: S0003-9993(15)01396-9. doi: 10.1016/j.apmr.2015.10.095. [Epub ahead of print]
- Thomas AC, Pietrosimone BG, Bayer CJ. Agreement Between Investigators Using Paired-Pulse Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation to Assess Quadriceps Intracortical Excitability. J Sport Rehabil. 2015 Nov 11. [Epub ahead of print]
- Bell DR, Pennuto AP, Trigsted SM. The effect of exertion and sex on vertical ground reaction force variables and landing mechanics. J Strength Cond Res. 2015 Nov 7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Werner BC, Lyons ML, Evans CL, Griffin JW, Hart JM, Miller MD, Brockmeier SF. Arthroscopic suprapectoral and open subpectoral biceps tenodesis: a comparison of restoration of length-tension and mechanical strength between techniques. Arthroscopy. 2015 Apr;31(4):620-7. doi: 10.1016/j.arthro.2014.10.012. Epub 2014 Dec 10.
- Luc BA, Harkey MH, Arguelles GD, Blackburn JT, Ryan ED, Pietrosimone B. Measuring voluntary quadriceps activation: Effect of visual feedback and stimulus delivery. J Electromyogr Kinesiol. 2015 Nov 2. pii: S1050-6411(15)00196-0. doi: 10.1016/j.jelekin.2015.10.006. [Epub ahead of print]
- Zhang M, Driban JB, Price LL, Lo GH, McAlindon TE. Magnetic Resonance Image Sequence Influences the Relationship between Bone Marrow Lesions Volume and Pain: Data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:731903. doi: 10.1155/2015/731903. Epub 2015 Nov 2.
- Driban JB, Price LL, Eaton CB, Lu B, Lo GH, Lapane KL, McAlindon TE. Individuals with incident accelerated knee osteoarthritis have greater pain than those with common knee osteoarthritis progression: data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative. Clin Rheumatol. 2015 Nov 27. [Epub ahead of print]
NATA News – Elevating Osteoarthritis & NATA Now – Elevating Osteoarthritis Troy Blackburn, Michelle Boling, Ken Cameron, Jeffrey Driban, Joe Hart, Chris Mendias, Brian Pietrosimone, Abbey Thomas, Tim Tourville
NATA Research & Education Foundation New Investigator Grant – Changes in Landing Mechanics and Balance in ACL Reconstructed Patients – David Bell
January 2016: Eastern Athletic Trainers’ Association’s Annual Meeting
Thinking About Tomorrow: How Athletic Trainers can Impact a Patient’s Long-Term Joint Health. Kenneth Cameron and Jeffrey Driban (Eastern Athletic Trainers’ Association 68th Annual Meeting)
** NOTE: If we are missing anything or you would like to add something to next month’s newsletter please let Jeff Driban know and it will be add to next month’s newsletter. **