- The Executive Committee held its first conference call on September 14, 2015 (minutes are available online).
- Working Groups are scheduling their first conference calls. There is still time to join a group. Contact Jeff Driban.
September Publications by ATOAC Members
- Kuenze C, Eltouhky M, Thomas A, Sutherlin M, Hart J. Validity of Torque Data Collection at Multiple Sites: A Framework for Collaboration on Clinical Outcomes Research in Sports Medicine. J Sport Rehabil. 2015 Aug 26. [Epub ahead of print]
- Murray AM, Thomas AC, Armstrong CW, Pietrosimone BG, Tevald MA. The associations between quadriceps muscle strength, power, and knee joint mechanics in knee osteoarthritis: A cross-sectional study. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2015 Aug 28. pii: S0268-0033(15)00224-7. doi: 10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2015.08.012. [Epub ahead of print]
- Reid KF, Price LL, Harvey WF, Driban JB, Hau C, Fielding RA, Wang C. Muscle power is an independent determinant of pain and quality of life in knee osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015 Aug 28. doi: 10.1002/art.39336. [Epub ahead of print]
- Houston MN, Hoch JM, Hoch MC. Patient-Reported Outcome Measures in Individuals With Chronic Ankle Instability: A Systematic Review. J Athl Train. 2015 Sep 2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Callahan DM, Tourville TW, Slauterbeck JR, Ades PA, Stevens-Lapsley J, Beynnon BD, Toth MJ. Reduced rate of knee extensor torque development in older adults with knee osteoarthritis is associated with intrinsic muscle contractile deficits. Exp Gerontol. 2015 Sep 3. pii: S0531-5565(15)30029-2. doi: 10.1016/j.exger.2015.08.016. [Epub ahead of print]
- Shultz SJ, Schmitz RJ, Benjaminse A, Collins M, Ford K, Kulas AS. ACL Research Retreat VII: An Update on Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury Risk Factor Identification, Screening, and Prevention March 19-21, 2015; Greensboro, NC. J Athl Train. 2015 Sep 4. [Epub ahead of print].
- Beynnon BD, Sturnick DR, Argentieri EC, Slauterbeck JR, Tourville TW, Shultz SJ, Vacek PM. A Sex-Stratified Multivariate Risk Factor Model for Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury. J Athl Train. 2015 Sep 4. [Epub ahead of print].
- Pfile KR, Gribble PA, Buskirk GE, Meserth SM, Pietrosimone BG. Sustained Improvements in Dynamic Balance and Landing Mechanics Following a 6-Week Neuromuscular Training Program in Collegiate Female Basketball Players. J Sport Rehabil. 2015 Sep 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- Thomas AC, Judd DL, Davidson BS, Eckhoff DG, Stevens-Lapsley JE. Quadriceps/hamstrings co-activation increases early after total knee arthroplasty. Knee. 2014 Dec;21(6):1115-9. doi: 10.1016/j.knee.2014.08.001. Epub 2014 Sep 11.
- Driban JB, Morgan N, Price LL, Cook KF, Wang C. Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) instruments among individuals with symptomatic knee osteoarthritis: a cross-sectional study of floor/ceiling effects and construct validity. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2015 Sep 14;16(1):253. doi: 10.1186/s12891-015-0715-y.
- Editors: Kenneth L. Cameron, Brett D. Owens. Musculoskeletal Injuries in the Military.
- Lo GH, McAlindon TE, Hawker GA, Driban JB, Price LL, Song J, Eaton CB, Hochberg MC, Jackson RD, Kwoh CK, Nevitt MC, Dunlop DD. Symptom assessment in knee osteoarthritis needs to account for physical activity level. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015 Sep 25. doi: 10.1002/art.39271. [Epub ahead of print]
ATOAC Members in the News
A Sprained Ankle May Have Lifelong Consequences. New York Times – Well.
ATOAC Members Upcoming Talks
January 2016: Thinking About Tomorrow: How Athletic Trainers can Impact a Patient’s Long-Term Joint Health. Kenneth Cameron and Jeffrey Driban (Eastern Athletic Trainers’ Association 68th Annual Meeting)
** NOTE: If we are missing anything or you would like to add something to next month’s newsletter please let Jeff Driban know and it will be add to next month’s newsletter. **